Roller Compacted Concrete
Cost-effective, Rigid And durable.
With more than 10 million square feet of successfully completed Roller-Compacted Concrete pavements, Morgan Corp. has emerged as a leader in this cost-effective and durable method of rigid pavement construction.
Since the 1990’s, RCC pavements have been gaining recognition rapidly in the United States. Today, RCC method of construction is growing faster than all other rigid pavement types in the U.S. RCC pavements are now common to a wide range of applications from light-duty parking lots to heavy-duty industrial, transportation, and commercial facilities. Morgan Corp.’s experience with RCC started in 2008 with company leaders who understood how RCC construction complemented and fit perfectly with other company capabilities. Morgan Corp. made the commitment to invest in highly-qualified employees and state-of-the-art equipment to deliver excellent work on every project. We have successfully completed a broad range of projects, some of which are as small as a few thousand square yards and others as large as 375,000 square yards.
Adding Value Is Our Goal
We approach every project with one goal in mind: adding value through partnerships. We strive to develop relationships with our clients and add value not only during the construction phase but more importantly, starting with initial planning and design phases. As part of our commitment to helping our clients get a better product and save costs, our service includes RCC staff of highly qualified and experienced professionals ready to assist with technical evaluation and recommendations, cost budgeting, and constructability review. Should you have an upcoming pavement project, we would love to hear from you. Our value-added services include:
- For partners new to RCC, we offer in-house programs on RCC technology and construction means and methods to help them decide if RCC is the best choice for their specific project requirements.
- We provide technical support to owners and designers to optimize pavement thickness and mixture designs based on industry-accepted design methods. We also offer recommendations for construction details, which are the most important aspects of RCC pavements.
- With the heightened emphasis on sustainability, we focus on building the most sustainable RCC pavement system by maximizing the use of in-situ and recycled materials, thereby reducing the consumption of virgin materials and natural resource.
A Wide Range of Applications
There are two main markets for RCC - pavements and water resources.
RCC pavements are used for new constructions as well as for rehabilitation or replacement of failed pavements. Pavement applications include:
- Heavy and light industrial
- Intermodal facilities
- Military facilities
- Warehouses and distribution centers
- Parking lots
- City streets
- Highway shoulders
For water resources application, RCC emerged as the material of choice for many gravity dams, spillways, buttressing existing concrete dams, overtopping protection of embankment dams, reservoirs, and more.